Sunday, January 26, 2014

Rocky Mountain Sled Dog Championships

© Willy Harris | Good Dog Photography

Rocky Mountain Dog Sled Championships, Soda Springs Idaho January 25, 2014

Event Sponsor and Host: Skyline Racing Kennels

Amazing is a great word to start this article! The athleticism these dogs and handlers have is simply amazing. I was able to attend the Saturday races which included a 6-dog sled and an open dog sled race before I needed to leave to get back to Pocatello.

I am so glad I was able to attend because the time there was well spent visiting with old friends and meeting new people with fun ties to each other! I hope you enjoy this post, if you would like to see the entire gallery you can on my website at www.gooddogphotos.com

© Willy Harris | Good Dog Photography
 The backdrop for this event was absolutely amazing. The weather was perfect too with absolutely no wind!

© Willy Harris | Good Dog Photography
 There were a whole lot of tongues flapping in the wind :)

© Willy Harris | Good Dog Photography
 Watching these animals with their handlers shows the amount of training and dedication it takes to successfully run a sled dog team.

© Willy Harris | Good Dog Photography
 This guy was my absolute favorite! The intensity in the eyes and pure joy on his face! 

© Willy Harris | Good Dog Photography
 These teams were really moving through the turns!

© Willy Harris | Good Dog Photography
 Another one of my favorites, this is pure joy! Love it!

© Willy Harris | Good Dog Photography
 Another shot of the amazing back drop I had today! Could not have asked for a better day during an Idaho winter for this event!

© Willy Harris | Good Dog Photography
 This team stood out to me because of their sheer beauty. The colors in both the coat and the eyes are beautiful!

© Willy Harris | Good Dog Photography
 Another happy dog doing what he does best! MUSH!

© Willy Harris | Good Dog Photography
 I really appreciate the grin on her face! You can tell the team leaders are having just as much fun as the dogs are!

© Willy Harris | Good Dog Photography
 I felt this was the best picture to sum up and end this entry. Great work to all the teams today! Thank you for allowing me and many other to enjoy such a wonderful day of racing!

No comments:

Post a Comment