Friday, January 31, 2014

Thoughts on Covering Local Sports

© Willy Harris | Good Dog Photography


Recently with the launch of Good Dog Photography, I have had the opportunity to reconnect with the worlds of athletics. I have not attending regular sporting events for almost 5 years now. The last time I was very involved was when I was coaching the head coach for the Idaho State University Club Baseball team and the assistant coach for the Marsh Falls Eagles American Legion team. Back then I was on the diamond almost daily for 6 months of the year. The other 6 months were spent indoors at cages or reviewing recruiting routes and previous season statistics.

In the past month I have been able to attend ten (10) local high school boys and girls basketball games and one regional sporting dogs event. I have enjoyed being engulfed with the atmosphere once again that is high school sports. This is my passion and drive. I have really found something I thoroughly enjoy!

Thank you following me on this journey! I hope that I continue to develop as a photographer I will be able to always share that with you, the viewer. My goal everyday is to find and capture something meaningful and worth remembering through the lens.

Here's to the future! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment